We all love to challenge ourselves with a healthy game of tennis every Saturday, rigorous kung fu lessons on weekends, bouts of marathon and triathlons every few months, or quick sessions of badminton after work.
But face it, being sporty and athletic is driving your body to the floor. At the end of the day, you're exhausted and sore in secret places, albeit feeling healthy and stress free.
That's the thing about sports; too much of a good thing is kind of bad.
So before you send your body to another exhausting sports activity, here's what you should keep in mind:
- Warm up EVERY time you play.
Stretch and work those muscles before you put them under rigorous strain. Whether it's training in kung fu or a short run around the park, make sure you do a little warm up exercise to avoid stiffness and soreness in your muscles.
- www.personal-training.com.au - Achieve your fitness goals with the assistance of experienced personal trainers.
Especially for extreme sports activities like cycling, boxing, kayaking or martial arts, protective gear keeps you from getting hurt or injured. These include helmets, gloves, groin protectors, mesh, teeth guards, mouth guards and knee, elbow pads and even cycling jerseys as they are designed to provide good breathability and to draw sweat away from the skin to protect it.
In the case of older athletes or fitness enthusiasts, walking aids as well as protective gear are a must.
- AbleMedilink - features walking aids, mobility scooters, lift chairs and other daily living aids for the elderly.
Athletes are often advised to follow a high-protein low-carb diet, although it could also be vice versa. Ask your physician and sports trainer about proper nutritional requirements for indulging in specific sports activities.
- Natural Health Organics - has sports nutrition products like dietary supplements that help enhance performance and hasten recovery from sports injuries.
- Boot Camp – offers meal replacement diets called Boot Camp in a Bottle, a carb free and 100% natural solution for losing weight.
- Zestlife - supplies natural healthy food supplements online to clients in the UK and EU.
- Body Trim weight loss tips - the advice and ideas given here are very useful for helping you reach your fitness goals.
This is a very simple rule: if you're in pain or if you can't handle the physical strain, stop whatever you're doing and rest. If the pain persists, head to a doctor.
This advice is both for amateur and professional athletes. If you are new, don't expect to excel in a sports activity within a month since you started training or playing. It's wrong to push yourself too hard and expecting more than what you're capable.
Enjoy playing and challenging yourself with your chosen sport, indulge in competitive camaraderie between your co-players, and test the limits of your skills with healthy activities.